… is what is for dinner.
Some of my favorite recipes have come from www.allrecipes.com. They have a wonderful search capability (search for specific recipes or by ingredients you want or don’t want) and lots of great ideas. I found this recipe for (Chicken Tortilla Soup I) a few years ago and always seem to come back to it after trying others.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa (Embassa Salsa or Rotel)
- 8 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with the Monterey Jack cheese and a little sour cream.
**** Drained and rinsed black beans are a good addition.